At the end a few tips:
- Location: Zhejiang Province, around 500 km SW from Shanghai
- Temperature: winter – usually 5-10oC. Summer - 30 (at night) - 40oC (during the day). Spring and autumn somewhere between 15 and 25 degrees.
- Best time to visit: October and November (it’s sunny and not hot anymore). March and April are also very beautiful (everything blooms in the mountains), but it rains nearly every second day.
- Public transport:
- Buses: 1,5 – 3 RMB (20-50 cents) per ticket (you can check the schedule and routes here. Website is in Chinese, but if you open it in Google Chrome, you can have it translated :o)
- Taxi: very cheap. Ride from one end of the city to the other is less than 20 RMB (around 3$).
- From Shanghai:
- – by train: South Train Station (Time: 8h. Cost: 71RMB. Only one departure each day)
- - by bus: Long Distance Bus Station, 1666 Zhongxing Street (Time: around 6 hours. Cost: 170RMB. 2 buses a day)
- From Hangzhou:
- – by train: Railway Station (there is only one, look at google maps, )
- – by bus : South Bus Station (buses run every hour until around 19.00. Time: 3,5h. Cost: 127RMB)
- From Wenzhou:
- – by train: Railway Station, Wenzhou Ave (Time: 2h. Cost: 22RMB)
- – by bu: Huanglong Passenger Transport Terminal (Time: 1,5h. Cost: 55RMB)
You can check train schedule and ticket prices here)